Director of Engineering and Technology with nearly 20 years of expertise in software engineering. Scales inclusive, collaborative teams through hiring and coaching. Drives the continuous improvement of people, processes, and products across teams with varying needs to deliver business value.
- Excellent leadership, teaching and communication skills
- Deep understanding of Agile (Scrum, Kanban) technical project management and workflow
- Experience in managing multicultural teams of 20+ people, both local and remote worldwide (lead of leads)
- Enterprise cloud hosting (AWS, GCP) and Continuous Integration server (Jenkins, TeamCity) setup/maintenance
- Experience with many project types, including web, app, video, retail, brand, and strategic consulting
Full work history available on LinkedIn
Technology Strategy & Management Consultant, Self Employed
DECEMBER 2021 – PRESENT
Providing both software engineering direction and senior-level technical consulting to marketing agencies, softwarestartups, and a variety of other clients/industries.
- Directed 20+ member software development team (full-stack web development, data engineering, QA) through all stages of a project life cycle, overseeing engineering responsibilities for different platforms.
- Agile technical lead providing guidance through all sprint ceremonies.
- Creating and reviewing architecture plans through large-scale rewrites of significant portions of an existing application codebase.
- Project scoping, estimating, and directing developers and delivery managers through new business efforts.
Group Engineering Director, Thrillworks, Inc.
MAY 2020 – DECEMBER 2021
Oversight of all operations for a 20+ member Engineering team including staffing/recruitment, budget forecasting, alignment within the larger organization, and OKR setting.
- Successful involvement in new business acquisition including crafting and presenting detailed technological business proposals and technology implementation plans for multiple accounts ranging from sub-$100k to $500k.
- Long-term forecasting of trends and business needs ensuring the team is staffed, trained, and equipped correctly.
- Introduced a clear structure of team organization and reporting lines to a very flat hierarchy as well as establishing company-wide best practices in career growth, performance management, and training programs resulting in increased reported employee satisfaction and confidence.
Director of Solution Design, adidas
FEBRUARY 2016 – DECEMBER 2019
adidas.com Technical Director responsible for oversight of all campaign-related development projects at adidas (web, mobile, and in-store digital display), driving and developing technology strategy and execution.
- Key counterpart for internal clients (business stakeholders, IT/infrastructure, security, product management) and external partners (advertising/production companies, 3rd party content providers) to ensure smooth technical delivery of websites, applications, and mobile development.
- Technical direction for multiple €1 million+ budget projects including vetting and selecting vendors, developing technical roadmaps, fostering seamless collaboration between internal and external business partners for timely, on-budget delivery.
- Definition, evolution, documentation and training around internal best-practices and guidelines.
- Creation, execution, and revision of detailed project work plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Support external development agencies with various adidas technical infrastructures (CRM, deployment, etc.).
References available on request.